Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ron Hextall Assisstant GM of Kings

Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - The Los Angeles Kings have named Ron Hextall as assistant general manager and general manager for their AHL affiliate Manchester Monarchs.

"I am honored and extremely excited to be a part of the Los Angeles Kings organization," said Hextall. "I look forward to working closely with Dean Lombardi and the entire Kings staff toward the ultimate goal of bringing a Stanley Cup to Los Angeles. It was a difficult decision considering my history with the Flyers organization, but moving forward with my career I thought it was the best move for myself and my family."

He spent the last four seasons as director of pro hockey personnel for the Philadelphia Flyers.

Hextall, 42, was a goaltender for the Flyers, New York Islanders and Quebec Nordiques in his 13-year career. He won the Vezina Trophy as the NHL's best netminder and the Conn Smythe Trophy for the Stanley Cup MVP, despite losing to Edmonton in seven games, in his rookie season of 1986-87.

He played in 608 regular season contests, compiling a 296-214-69 record with 23 shutouts, a 2.97 goals-against average and an .895 save percentage. In the playoffs, Hextall went 47-43 with a pair of shutouts in 93 games.

No comments: