Sunday, May 14, 2006

GM Lacroiz steps down in Colorado

DENVER (AP) - A lifetime in hockey has both robbed and rewarded Pierre Lacroix, who stepped down as general manger of the Colorado Avalanche on Friday, one day after his team was swept from the playoffs.
''I can say I'm 58 and I'm 88 inside,'' Lacroix said. ''For 40 years I've been involved in a field that I love and my family did a lot of sacrificing, and I think it's time for me to give back.''
Lacroix will remain president of the team and will appoint the new GM, who will basically serve as his apprentice.
''I'm going to be involved. I'm going to be doing everything I can to make sure this team wins for another decade,'' said Lacroix, who built the Avs teams that won two Stanley Cup championships.
Lacroix and owner Stan Kroenke said they decided before the lockout that wiped out the 2004-05 season that Lacroix would spend one more year as GM.

No comments: