Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Damphousse Retires

After 18 NHL seasons, Vincent Damphousse is ready to call it a career.
The 37-year-old appeared in a total of 1,378 NHL games, scoring 432 goals, 773 assists for 1,205 points.
"I want to thank my coaches, fans, media and especially my teammates for 18 great years in the NHL," said Damphousse. "I loved getting up every morning and heading to the rink, and I will miss being in the dressing room with the guys, however I'm looking forward to the next stage of my life."
Eighth on the list of games played among active players, Damphousse began his 18-year career in 1986 with Toronto, which drafted him sixth overall prior to that season.
A four-time All-Star who registered 12 career hat tricks, Damphousse is 30th on the all-time assists list. His 1,205 points is good for 38th all-time.

No comments: